Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Do I Want My MTV?

People bemoan the downfall of MTV, but they fail to notice its inherent problem: 

If MTV was still Music Television and not the Mindless Teen Void, it would still suck ass. 


How much ass? All of the ass. 
And then some. 
It would suck so much ass that the world would owe MTV ass to suck. 

Don’t get me wrong, I would love to see more of my favorite bands on TV, but that just isn’t going to happen. Judas Priest won’t educate us on the merits of breaking the law, nor will Iron Maiden run to hills. 

What we will get is corporate bullshit. Coming up, the latest from Nickelback, followed by Green Day’s new hit “Remember When We Were a Punk Band?” But first, here is “Sexploitation” by Jailbait Blond. She didn’t write, hell, she didn’t even really sing it, but fuck it. You’ll buy it!


MTV is dead, and we should be thankful. 

We live in a time where we get to be our own VJs.

No comments:

Post a Comment